Melbourne CBD Apartments For Sale | Melbourne Quarter
Strategically located along Flinders Street, Melbourne Quarter is poised for one of the best selling apartment near to the heart of Melbourne for 2019. MQ aka Melbourne Quarter is right outside the bounder line of Melbourne CBD. With this location, it is already attracting hundreds of home buyers and investors. Melbourne CBD has got everything a resident needs, be it work, dining, education, nature, amenities, excellent transportation heart and recreation. With MQ being the latest residential addition to the already well developed city center, the trend of development in Melbourne shows no sign of slowing down.
Melbourne Quarter is marked at 628 Flinders Street, which is right next to the Southern Cross Station. Residents of MQ will have the sheer advantage of having the best transportation to most prime area of Melbourne.
Melbourne Quarter is one of the largest planned mixed-use urban regeneration developments in Melbourne in over a decade. The precinct comprises a master planned development of a brand-new city block (2.5ha), encompassing first class commercial and residential towers, in conjunction with a series of landmark green open spaces, retail, community amenity for residents, workers and the greater public to enjoy.Melbourne Quarter is situated on Batman’s Hill, a uniquely located site positioned in an integrated part of Melbourne’s CBD which connects the historic city grid to the emerging Docklands via Collins Street and Flinders Street.
The Collins Street neighborhood, the commercial hub of the precinct, is situated to the North of the development site, off Collins Street. The commercial precinct will offer approximately 130,000 sqm of net lettable commercial area across 3 next-generation office buildings. The Collins street neighborhood is centered on Melbourne’s first and only elevated Sky Park and a public square which will create one of the most significant public spaces in the central city since Federation Square.
More than half of Melbourne Quarter will comprise of open space. This space comprises Sky Park (1,800m2), a public square (2,700m2) situated within the commercial precinct, a neighborhood park (980m2) located within the residential neighborhood, and a series of new internal lane ways including the North-South Lane promoting pedestrian and cycle navigation within the wider precinct, and the greater Melbourne CBD area.
The Flinders Street neighborhood, the residential precinct of the development, is situated south of the site, off Flinders Street. The residential precinct will on completion feature 1,680 apartments and high quality residential amenities across three residential towers. A neighborhood park will provide the focal point of the residential hub and, in connection with the North-South Lane, provide navigation throughout the precinct.
In December 2015 Lend Lease unveiled global engineering consultancy firm Arup as their first major commercial tenant of the precinct. Arup will shift its Victorian workforce to the One Melbourne Quarter tower on completion of construction.In October 2017 it was announced that major Australian financial services company, AMP, will relocate to One Melbourne Quarter upon completion, leasing a total of five levels. Lend Lease will also be moving its Victorian headquarters to One Melbourne Quarter. Melbourne Quarter’s commercial leasing team is currently working on a number of bids to secure a range of leading national corporations to consolidate a strong commercial presence for the precinct.
SkyPark is a first of its kind public space offering for the city of Melbourne that forms part of the greater Melbourne Quarter precinct. SkyPark resides within the commercial precinct of the development as an elevated platform above Collins Street, providing workers, residents and the greater public an integrated and tranquil open space to enjoy a meal, meet with colleges and friends,and relax and soak up the sun whilst reflecting on the city below.
Construction of the first stage (One Melbourne Quarter) commenced in September 2016 and is scheduled for completion in September 2018. Construction of the second stage (Two Melbourne Quarter) is scheduled for completion in 2020. Completion of the third and final commercial stage (Melbourne Quarter Tower) is currently subject to market conditions.
East Tower is the first landmark residential tower to launch at Melbourne Quarter. East Tower is a unique architecturally designed tower, with stunning curves that optimize surrounding views,and ensure an abundance of natural light within each apartment. Key view lines available at differing levels within the building include the Melbourne CBD to the North and North-East, Yarra River and Port Phillip Bay to the East and South-East, and Docklands to the West and North-West.
A Winter Garden is a glazed enclosed balcony space. Like any typical balcony, Winter Gardens form part of the individual apartment type they are sold with. Winter Gardens are featured on apartments situated up to level 8 for those dwellings closest to the railway corridor. This ensures minimal acoustic emittance and provides greater internal amenity to these apartments. Manual operable louvres will allow control of airflow when required.
East Tower and the greater Melbourne Quarter precinct takes advantage of the abundance of public transport infrastructure available within the Melbourne CBD and Docklands locality. Southern Cross train station is situated north directly across the road from Melbourne Quarter’s commercial precinct–accessible via Collins street and within a 5-minute walk from East Tower. Tram stops surround the key CBD grid front ages to the Melbourne Quarter precinct on Flinders, Collins and Spencer Street providing seamless navigation within and outside of the CBD, Docklands and the greater Melbourne locality.
East Tower’s position within the city grid and Docklands precinct provides an extensive network of amenity available within walking distance. Numerous restaurants, bars and cafes are available in the immediate surrounds, headlined by the prominent South bank precinct along the Yarra River which features the Crown Casino Complex. The adjacent retail offering is plentiful and well established through international brands, featuring Melbourne’s famous shopping lane ways, Collins and Bourke Street malls and DFO South Wharf. The arts, sporting entertainment, health, education and park land amenity on offer within close walking distance is also in abundance, headlined by Melbourne Exhibition and Convention Centre, Etihad Stadium, Kangan Institute and a neighborhood park within the precinct.The commercial precinct in the immediate surrounds provides a rapidly growing hub for international business along the prominent Collins Street and emerging Docklands district.
- The largest mixed-use urban regeneration development in central Melbourne in over a decade(2.5ha)
- Uniquely located in an integrated part of Melbourne’s CBD connecting the historic city grid to the emerging Docklands
- 110,000 sqm net lettable commercial area across 3 next generation office buildings
- Approx. 4,500 sqm of net lettable retail area
- Approx. 1,686 apartments across 3 residential towers
- High quality amenity and public space including Melbourne Skypark, Melbourne Square and Neighborhood Park
- Unrivaled connection via arterials/nodes including the North South lane which promote navigation within a well activated precinct
- First residential tower to launch within MQ
- Comprises 719 dwellings: 279 x 1 Bedroom apartments, 428 x 2 Bedroom apartments & 12 x 3 Bedroom apartments
- 141 car parking spaces
- 14 storage cages
- All residences feature high quality fixtures and fittings, contemporary, sophisticated interiors and finishes, efficient floor plans which maximize natural light and and CBD, Yarra, Neighborhood Park and Port Phillip Bay view lines
- Targeting 5 Star Green Star (as built) accreditation
- 33 unreserved car spaces to be assigned to East Tower residences through sale process
- 14 unreserved storage cages to be assigned to East Tower residences through sale process.
- CBD views to the North East
- Yarra and Port Phillip Bay views to the South East (commencing from level 17)
- Docklands views to the North West
Melbourne Quarter Residents will enjoy exclusive access to the MQ Club featuring a range of luxurious amenities including:
- Hotel style grand arrival lobby on lower ground (off Flinders Street), with undercover drop-off and concierge service
- Secondary pedestrian lobby (on Upper Ground) to the MQ Club and apartments off the precinct neighborhood park (access via Collins Street)
- Swimming Pool, Spa and change room amenity
- Separate Steam Room & Sauna facilities & Gym
- Multipurpose function/yoga room
- Residents library and lounge and Theater
- Multiple internal private dining areas (x 3) featuring outdoor terraces and BBQ amenity